Dear KRC Member:
As British Columbia public health authorities develop guidelines to lift some restrictions on gathering in a responsible way,the Kelowna Rowing Club has been working with viaSport, Rowing Canada and Rowing BC to understand the recommendations of our Chief Provincial Health Officer and how they best apply within our sport.
The attached Return to Sport Plan has been developed for our sport in order to ensure:
- health and safety of all individuals is a priority
- activities are in alignment with provincial health recommendations
- modifications to activities are in place in order to reduce the risks to our participants
- our sport is united and aligned on a plan to reopen throughout the province
While we do hope things will return to normal in the not too distant future, currently this Return to Sport Plan will be the new normal until we are advised otherwise by public health authorities.
If you choose to participate, you must follow these rules:
- If you don’t feel well or are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, you must stay home
- If you have traveled outside of Canada, you are not permitted at the facility until you have self-isolated for a minimum of 14 days
- If you live in a household with someone who has COVID-19 or is showing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home
- Wash your hands before and after participating
- Bring your own water bottle and hand sanitizer
- Comply with physical distancing measures at all time
- Avoid physical contact with others, including shaking hands, high fives, etc.
- Leave the KRC facility as quickly as possible after you finish
Please read the attached Return to Sport Plan, and ensure that you are willing to comply with all aspects of it prior to registering. In particular, note that rowing will be restricted to singles and family-bubble doubles at least initially.
Our Return to Sport Plan is based on current public health guidance. While we are all doing our best to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19, while the virus circulates in our communities it is impossible to completely eliminate the risk. Each participant must make their own decision as to whether it is in their best interest to resume participation at this time. You must take into account your own circumstances and make the decision that is right for you. Should you choose to join us, we require your full cooperation with our Return to Sport Plan.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.Return to Sport Plan
We look forward to seeing you on the water!
Board of Directors
Kelowna Rowing Club